Beautiful open concept kitchen with island and white cabinets

Insurance Trends Household Water Damage coverage has changed.

Overland Water – Are you covered?

Overland water protection responds to claims that result from the accumulation or runoff of surface water including torrential rainfall when water enters the property. The coverage can be added to a wide range of insurance products including homeowners, condos, rental properties, seasonal properties and secondary properties.

Did You Know?

Sewer back up only covers damage caused by water coming into your property from a sewer or septic systems. If overland water enters your home, sewer-backup coverage will not protect you. Historically, this type of insurance hasn’t been available as part of any residential insurance policy.

Coverage Available

Most insurers offer a variation of this product. Pricing and availability are based on your location. With variations in the product, it is important to speak with your broker to ensure you have the appropriate coverage.