From Our Blog
How your home insurance could help with holiday mishaps.
It’s that time of year when stories of Santa, reindeers, elves, and snowmen have us smiling from ear to ear. But have you heard the one about Santa getting stuck in the chimney? Or the elf with sticky fingers? Mishaps can happen any time and the holiday season is no different. Here are seven ways your home insurance policy could have you covered in the event of a “holiday mishap”.
- If Santa gets stuck in your chimney this Christmas Eve and damages it on his way down, your home insurance policy could have you covered, just like it would if a burglar pried open your back door and damaged the door and locks.
- If Rudolph accidentally puts a hoof through your roof, your insurer could help cover the repairs, just like it would if a tree branch fell through your roof during an ice storm.
- If the kids bring Frosty inside and he melts through the hardwood floor, your home insurance could help you dry it up, just like it would if a pipe burst and ruined your carpet.
- If you get inspired by Clark Griswold and cause a neighborhood-wide power surge that ruins all of your electronics in the process, your home insurance could help replace them, just like it would if lightning struck nearby and caused a surge.
- If one of Santa’s elves tags along on Christmas Eve and helps himself to more than just milk and cookies, your home insurance could help replace whatever he steals, just like it would if a real burglar broke into your home and stole your stuff.
- If a magic yule log comes to life and rolls out of your fireplace, setting your brand new area rug ablaze, your home insurance could help cover the costs to replace it, just like it would if a candle fell off the table and set your carpet on fire.
- If a snowman tries to sue after he slips on your icy sidewalk and breaks his carrot nose, your third-party liability coverage could help cover any legal or medical costs, just like it would if your mail carrier slipped and broke his arm.
Whether it is the holidays or any time of year, our Bauld Insurance Advisors are here to help. If you want to learn more about how your home insurance policy could protect you in the event of a mishap, contact us and we’ll help you Be Well Protected.