Life is precious, protect it.
Protect your family and loved ones. Bauld offers Life Insurance and Health Benefits Insurance with a specialist advisor dedicated to these products.
Before you say yes to bank & lender mortgage insurance, consider a product designed to protect you and your loved ones – not your bank or mortgage company.
Mortgage protection with Life Insurance from Bauld is a better solution for you versus mortgage insurance offered by banks and other lenders. Here’s why!
Mortgage Life from Bauld
- You choose the coverage amount and it does not decrease as mortgage is reduced
- Flexible: upon death, the benefit goes directly to your beneficiaries. They decide how to best use the money
- Fully portable: transferable to any house as coverage can be renewed and kept beyond the mortgage term
- Coverage can be renewed and kept beyond term of mortgage
- 30-day grace period for missed premium payments
- Qualified and approved for coverage at time of application – once approved death benefit is guaranteed
Lender Mortgage Insurance
- Coverage cannot be altered or renewed and ends when the mortgage is paid off or term ends
- Inflexible: Upon death, benefit goes directly to pay off the mortgage, it cannot be used for any outside expense
- Not portable: lender offered mortgage insurance runs out when your house is sold
- Coverage decreases as the mortgage is reduced (premium does not decrease)
- A missed mortgage payment often means lost coverage
- Qualified and approved for coverage at the time of claim. The death benefit is not guaranteed at time of death.
Personal Health Benefits
Personal Health Insurance is meant to help you pay for expenses incurred outside hospitals not covered by your provincial health plan. We offer plans from well-known brands: Medivie Blue Cross, Manulife Financial, and Sun Life Financial.
A customized policy just for you
With our advisors’ years of experience and specialization in all things insurance, we will add a personal touch to the customization of a policy to ensure you are well protected.
Disability insurance is designed to provide income if you sustain a serious illness or injury. It allows you and your family to maintain your lifestyle during a difficult period.
Statistics show that people with disability injuries lasting more than 90 days are more likely to become long-term disabled than to die prematurely.
- Monthly non-taxable benefits are paid to replace your lost income.
- Your group benefits may not be adequate over the long term.
- Many group benefit plans only replace about half of your net income.
CRITICAL ILLNESS INSURANCE
Critical Illness is an often overlooked aspect of personal protection. Yet without coverage, you may be seriously vulnerable with limited resources to pay for costs.
Clients with Critical Illness Insurance receive a tax-free, lump-sum benefit after satisfying the waiting period (30 days in most cases)
- Coverage is provided if you are diagnosed with one of 24 critical illnesses.
- In the event of a non-life threatening illness, clients receive a partial benefit.
- Some policies provide a monthly Care Benefit if you need long term care.
The Bauld Process
When you engage the Bauld Team for your life insurance needs, you will appreciate our advisors’ depth of knowledge and their hands-on personal approach.
1. Assess & Collect
Your Bauld Advisor will complete a needs assessment with you, collecting answers to all required questions.
2. Quote / Advise
We gather quotes from a selection of insurance providers and share quote prices and options with you. Then we recommend the best policy for your unique needs.
3. Select / Sign Off
Once a policy is selected, we will guide you through the application sign off process, and set-up a payment plan.
4. Ongoing Support
When it comes to Life Insurance and Health Benefits, you will receive ongoing claims support and service directly from the Insurance Provider.
Frequently Asked Questions – Life Insurance
Should I cover my mortgage liability with life insurance or with mortgage insurance from my bank?
Buying mortgage insurance from your bank is not often recommended by financial advisors, and here are a few reasons why.
- The payout from mortgage protection insurance shrinks with your mortgage’s declining principal balance. Life insurance does not shrink over the term of the policy.
- With Mortgage Insurance, you may find out when you file a claim that you aren’t actually eligible for coverage as you were never officially underwritten medically
- If you switch mortgage lenders you won’t have to worry about cancelling your existing mortgage insurance and re-qualifying with the new mortgage lender.
Should I lock in my insurance rates for 10 or 20 Years?
Although it is cheaper to go with a 10 years term that also assumes you won’t require the life insurance in 10 years or will be in good enough health that you can get another cheap 10 year term.
So there is a cost savings going with a 10 year rate however you are taking on the risk that you will be healthy in 10 years.
What are the odds of a person experiencing a disability?
- If seriously injured, a 35-year-old has a 50% chance of a disability lasting 90 days or longer.
- 1 in 4 Canadians will contract heart disease
- Of those diagnosed with heart disease, 1 in 2 are under the age of 65.
Here are some critical illness survival rates and costs.
- Today, the likelihood of a Canadian surviving at least five years after a cancer diagnosis is 63%.
- More than 90% of Canadians who experience a heart attack and more than 80% who experience a stroke will survive after hospitalization.
- The annual out-of-pocket costs for newer cancer drugs is approximately $13,000.
Be Well Protected.
Christina Wyatt is our Managing Advisor – Life Insurance Division. She is a specialist in Life Insurance & Health Benefits and has all the experience to ensure you are well protected. Request a quote today!